Monday, May 3, 2010

May 3, 2010

Well, I've made it through the first week in the field and as far as I can tell I'm not dead yet however I've not had this confirmed. Wow, I don't even know really where to start but it really was a great week. Since it's a new area for both of us, we're still working on gettin more investigators but we've got a few at least and one potential baptism for this weekend for a lady that's been investigating for awhile. I've definitely gotten to be great friends with my companion Elder Martins and I think we'll work very well together. He's a member of only three years like many of the Brazilians, the only one in his family, and he has a very strong testimony of the gospel. I feel like each day gets a little better as I become more comfortable with the area and with the people. I'm doing alright with the language. Which means I basically can't talk to anyone but it's alright, I'm looking forward with faith and know that it will come in time. Actually, sometime I can really understand pretty much everything that's going on but it totally depends on the conversation and who is talking. The accents here are really hard to follow because they speak very quickly, slur their words and use alot of slang, but I try to at least pretend like I know what's going on, smile and say yes. So pretty much nothing has really changed at all. We've been riding buses everywhere and basically the bus drivers think they are riding motorcycles. I cant really think of a more accurate description. The temple president of the Recife Temple had grandpa Bangerter as a Tennis coach at BYU so that was pretty cool as well. As always I'm sure ther's way more to tell but I'm about out of time and my memory is about useless. I'm loving Recife and I'm loving the people, thanks for you prayers and pray for me to find more people to teach.
 
-Love Elder Bangerter

No comments:

Post a Comment