Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 28, 2010

Well it's official, I graduated from the CTM and they let me into Recife. The trip was altogether quite uneventful and I arrived entirely free of harm for your peace of mind. I did have one casualty actually, my ipod dissappeared somewhere in transit which I'm pretty bummed about but it turns out you can actually still serve a mission without an ipod. We got there yesterday morning, then they took us to the temple and we met the president and had an intro meeting and such. The president seems really cool and I'm way excited to get to know him better! The Recife temple is absolutely beautiful if you havent seen pictures yet, unfortunately we didn't get to do a session but we will soon I think. We just kinda hung out for a while on temple grounds and slept in the little hotel thing they have there then today was transfers, where I met my new companion. He's a Brazilian that speaks a little english and he is on his last transfer I believe but I'm very excited to be working with him, he seems like a hard worker. He told me to tell my family that I got a handsome companion. unfortunately my area is boa viagem which is like right next to the beach and is apparently the most wealthy area in the mission. Who woulda guessed? But dont worry, I still got a dirty nasty apartment so its all good. I guess we're opening up a new area so my trainer doesn't really know anything either but I'm sure we'll be up and running soon enough. We'll see what the morrow brings. Oh and for future reference, my normal Pday is monday. We got to see Elder Nelson last week which was a pretty neet experience and he had some great things to say about Uncle grant. As he spoke about him and President Faust, I felt very strongly of their love for this people. He really spoke of the focus of the gospel on the atonement and it was very powerful talk. Among the things he said was that the Lord usually uses the unlikely to accomplish his work.It was pretty cool to see him and shake an apostles hand for the first time. Apparently he, Elder Holland, Bishop Edgely, and several others were all down here last week and are probably still here . It's great to hear about everyone and as always I'm praying for you. As far as business is concerned, my area is right next the office so I should get mail fairly quickly here besides just at transfers so that's lucky.  I am allowed to recieve email from friends here, I just cant send them. Mom I was wondering if you could send me some sort of history of Grant's service here in Brazil so I can learn more about him. Anywho I'm sure there's more to tell but I've already written a book so I'll let you go this time. Thanks for everything!

Love Elder Bangerter

No comments:

Post a Comment