Monday, August 2, 2010

August 2, 2010

So today, I ventured into the depths of the bottom of the refrigerator and defeated the moldy melon monsters and their minions. It was quite the experience and I can truly say I wouldnt be the man I am today without it. So, It's kinda crazy that I'm already almost a fourth of the way into my mission. I'm running out of time! It was a pretty normal week though. We walked alot so that was probably the best part. We're still working on getting more really firm investigators but everythings going well and the ward is helping so thats really awesome. We did have a baptism of one of the investigators of the previous missionaries so we didnt really get to teach her much but we can still work with the rest of her family and it was really awesome baptism. Her dad and brother were already baptized so her brother baptized her which is always better. Now we just have to work with her mom and her husband. It was really cool though because we combined with the other ward's baptism and their bishop told his conversion story which was pretty awesome. He said that one day it occured to him that if there was a book recorded by the people in Jerusalem about the works of God, Maybe there ought to be a similar book recorded in the Americas. He said he asked one of his friend about it but he called him ridiculous but that he prayed to know if such a book existed and a few weeks later the missionaries showed up on his doorstep. It was definitely a powerful testimony of the Lords hand in everything. Oh also, one funny story. So we were trying to get into the chapel but the keys werent working so my companion was climbing over the fence and ripped his pants. It was pretty funny. Also, a language update: I think things are coming along quite well because I'm messing up in English now so I guess that means I'm a pro now. Either that or I just stink at both languages.  Anywho I'm outta time but it's great to hear about whats going on with everyone and I'll be praying for Nicole. Thats pretty crazy about the Prius, why buy one when you can buy two for twice the price! Oh also I hear that you got a sea horse awhile ago, I wanna picture. Love you all, have a great week!
 
Elder Bangerter
oh also, how is dads leg?
 
Oh and the pictures
1. I just couldnt resist

2. just wanted to let you know hes still hangin around

3.The baptism this weekend

4.Heres from when Elder Anderson came

No comments:

Post a Comment