Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 9, 2010

Sorry everyone had to wait 2 grueling days for this fine literary work but sometimes lifes just that way so you might as weel just deal with it! But anywho, This week was pretty crazy slash not crazy at all because it was my companions last week in the field (he left today) so there was a lot to do slash we didn't really do a ton. but the best part is that we'rfe working with two families right now and holy cow, I LOVE working with families. I'm seriously being so blessed because it's so fun to teach them. Sorry I forgot my memory card at home so pictures will have to wait for next week but one of the families we got from a reference has three precious little girls and the parents are so smart and its so fun to talk to them about the gospel because they really get it. Then the other family we just found knocking doors and they have seven kids who are a blast to talk to and teach. The only problem will probably be the dad because I dont know if he'll really want the gospel but all the others already said they want to be baptised. I'm so excited for this transfer because I think we'll have a ton of baptisms because of these families and because of my new companion (byetheway my old companion and I ended up being great friends). I still dont know how to say or write his name but its something like margaloesdlskajfh. He's a brzilian that only has 7 months on the mission and I can tell that he's a Really hard worker which is all I could ask for. I really feel like the Lord is blessing me this transfer so i really need to take advantage of it. A cool story, We ate in the house of single elderly sister yesterday who couldn't even read and I was asking her about her conversion story and it was pretty awesome. She said before she ever talked to the missionaries she had a dream that she didn't really understand but when she talked to them and they started teaching her she realized that her dream was all about the restoration and Joseph Smith. Pretty incredible how the Lord gives different people what they need to find the truth. Another cool experience, us and some other elders were giving a blessing to the lady and in the blessing it said that there were angels in the room and then after the blessing she said she saw somebody smiling at her in the corner who wasnt like us. Pretty incredible. I have really had so many faith builders, it's incredible. The Lord knows exactly what I need. Portuguese is coming awesome! The other day I realized that for the past week or so I really havent had those terrible crash and burn days and I can really teach just about anything without problem. I know I still have a ways to go, but honestly it's no longer a burden at all. Glad to know it's hot in Texas, it might actually be a little hotter there than it is here but who knows. At least I was well conditioned for it. Ok now to the crazy stuff. Sarah Ellen Shuck and David(middle name) Murdock are getting married. Holy how. I'm speachless. Or typeless depending on how you look at it. Ok ya so I'll admit it's a little wierd. Or alot. But I suppose I ought to get used to it. Really though, I love you both and I better get an announcement! wow.Glad to know you all had a blast together, send Rocio my love and tell her I'm praying for her and the baby! Joseph and Meaganm your baby is the coolest thing since popped corn. So glad to know he's alright. Dad I can't believ you got Sea horses! Bye the way, how's the aquarium? Mom and dad, make sure you get better right here quick. Well I guess i'd better close mine episle bem rapido mas Eu amo voces e Eu estou sempre grato por minha Familia Otima!

Com Amor

Elder Bangerter

P.S. I know you all think I'm cool now because I finally write something in portuguese. Either that or you're correcting my poor grammar.

P.S.S. I found the COOLEST leather cowboy hat a a market the other day. Everybody was calling me Crocodil Dundee.

No comments:

Post a Comment