Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July 21, 2010

14. And it Came to pass that while he was jouneying thither in Candelaria, being weighed down with sorrow, wading through much water and mud, because of the much rain, it came to pass while Elder Bangerter was thus weighed down with water, behold an Assistent of the President called unto him saying:
15. Blessed art thou Elder Bangerter; therefore, lift up thy head and rejoice, for thou hast great cause to rejoice: for thou hast hbeen faithful in keeping the mission rules from the time you got to Recife and thou hast had an awesome transfer in Candelaria.
16. And behold, I am calling you to command thee that thou return to the city of Boa Viagem, and preach again to the people of that city: yea preach unto them. Yea say unto them, except they repent the Lord God will destroy them
...18. Now it came to pass that after Elder Bangerter had recieved this phone call from the Assistant of the Preident he returned speedily to the area of Boa Viagem. And he entered the city with another companion, yea the companion that is called Elder Quabreira.
 
-Alma 8:14-18
 
So ya, turns out, I got transfered back to my old area. Who woulda thought? I wont lie I was pretty sad to get the call, because I've really grown to love the people and especially the families in Candelaria and I really think its one of the best areas in the mission. I'm also gonna miss elder Magalhães though, he was an awesome missionary and we really became great friends. I'm sure the Lord needs me back here in Boa Viagem though and I'll probably stay here for another two transfers. We had a really great end of the transfer though, we baptised two of Priscillas brothers, and both her dad and other brother are marked for this week and her mom (she was baptized when she was ten) is returning and learning to love the church again. That was really the hard part of leaving is that I dont get to see them all baptised together and also that other family of Luiz in the picture with elder Martins is still waiting because the marriage process is really slow but they are really strong and I'm sure they'll make it. I sure hope I can find more families like them here in Boa Viagem. Well time is of the essence but thanks for your prayers.
 
Love Elder Matthew Haynie Bangerter
 
P.S. happy birthday Whitney, I hope you had a great one, glad to know my Whitney is all growin up. Also I heard a little something about Brandon Crofts getting his mission call to Texas and I thought I'd give a little gonradulations and good luck.
 
Oh and the pictures are Elder Magalhães in Candelaria, 
Priscillas baptism, 
 Felipe and Silas' baptism 
and my new companion, Elder Quabreira

No comments:

Post a Comment